Happening This Weekend – Deer Lake Park
Happy Friday everyone! What are your plans for the weekend?
The weather forecast is calling for sun sun sun, making it the perfect time to check out all the events that are happening around Deer Lake Park this weekend! And with Mother’s Day next weekend, it’s time to start planning your Mother’s Day activities in Burnaby!
Have a great weekend!
Saturday, May 2
- Burnaby Village Museum: Season Opens May 2
- Burnaby Village Museum opens for the summer season this weekend! This summer the focus is on Homegrown Harvest. See what’s growing in their garden plus find out about the kinds of foods that grow in Burnaby. Admission is free, and carousel rides are only $2.55 each!
- Burnaby Farmers Market Begins
- Every Saturday from May through October, the Burnaby Farmers’ Market takes place at City Hall’s North Parking Lot. The market features a large variety of farmers and crafters selling organic & non-organic produce, fruits, jewellery, photography, & much, much more.
Sunday, May 3
- Celebrate Burnaby’s official flower, the rhododendron, at the city’s 27th annual Rhodofest! The festival takes place at Deer Lake Park’s Shadbolt Centre, and runs from 10am to 3pm with live music, garden tours, plant sale, face painting and more. Festival attendees can even try their hand at building Burnaby’s newest eco-sculpture!